Womb (2010) directed by Benedek Fliegauf
or “Clone”, as it was alternatively released as;
Okay, so I pretty much just watched this film, because it contains Matt Smith and his sweet ass. Also probably a bit to satisfy my own sick curiosity.
Basically the plot-line goes;
- Girl meets boy.
- Girl goes to Japan.
- Girl comes back 12 years later.
- Girl and boy hit it off.
- Boy is killed in a car accident.
- Girl has clone of boy artificially inseminated into her uterus.
- Girl gives birth to boy.
- Girl raises the boy as her son.
- Boy reaches maturity.
- Boy finds out who he really is.
- They have sex.
- They realise exactly what they’ve done and boy leaves.
- The End
After just watching it I am in a very weird frame of mind. It was a very good film and definitely makes you think about possibilities, ideas and ethics.
But, I am not sure if I am glad I watched it or not though. I can’t un-watch it now.
If I hadn’t though, I’d always be curious.
Also, I don’t think I can ever look at the Eleventh Doctor quite the same way any more. I wasn’t ready for a new Doctor before watching this film, but I am now!